- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, such as Great Northern, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro or parsley leaves (not chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt and ground black pepper
Fried Tortilla Ingredients
- 2 cups olive oil
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
Process beans, cilantro, oil, lime juice and garlic in a food processor or blender; continue to process until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in tomato and salt and pepper to taste.
Heat oil in a medium 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat to 370° F. Lay a whole tortilla into hot oil. Fry, turning once or twice, until it stops sizzling and turns golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove with tongs or slotted spoon and set on a large wire rack set over a shallow pan, sprinkling with salt immediately. Repeat with remaining tortillas. To serve, arrange whole fried tortillas in a basket, letting guests break off chips for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of the North American Olive Oil Association